Hunts are designed to encourage our members to shoot images while maintaining social distancing during the time of global pandemics - hunt by yourself on your own time - don’t let COVID-19 make you a couch potato!
The Rules of the Game:
Submitting Your Images
- Images per Maker: Players in the Hunt may submit one photo for each image category.
- What About Geography? Images can be taken anywhere provided both of your feet are in the territorial Lower 48 United States.
- Titles are required, but they needn't be fully descriptive. Note that camera generated file names are not allowable as titles.
- Perspective and innovation counts! Thinking outside-the-box may distinguish your image vis-a-vis other images.
- Post processing guidelines for the Hunt are the same as those we apply to Travel and Journalism images: Techniques that add to, relocate, replace or remove any element of the original image, except by cropping are not permitted. All adjustments must appear natural. Conversion to monochrome is allowed.
- The Hunt will have winners for each Category as well as overall Winner.
- Category Winners: Each image category will have two winners - first place is awarded 5 points and second is awarded 3 points.
- The Winner will be awarded to the player with the most points.
We hope you have a great time with your scavenger hunt! And remember.... no chickens on bicycles!
- Timeline: Images must be taken between Saturday, November 7 to Sunday, November 29
- Deadline: Submit images on the APS site’s Competition tab anytime before Sunday, November 29 at 7:00 PM.
Image Categories- please find and take photos of the following:
- A church or religious scene
- A bird or birds
- Something blue
- People crossing the street
- A motorcycle or scooter in motion
- A view from a window
- Public transportation scene
- A still life inside your house
- A portrait
- A night scene
- A leaf or leaves
- A door or entrance
- A water scene
- Something COVID related
- A gas station scene