Scavenger Hunts (members only)
Hunts are designed to encourage our members to shoot images while maintaining social distancing during the time of global pandemics - hunt by yourself on your own time - don’t let COVID-19 make you a couch potato!
The Rules of the Game:
. Submitting Your Images
- Images per Maker: Players in the Hunt may submit one photo for each image category.
- Timeline: Images must be taken between Saturday, September 11 to Sunday, October 3
- Deadline: Submit images on the APS site’s Competition tab anytime before Sunday, October 3 at 7:00pm.
- What About Geography?
- Images can be taken anywhere provided both of your feet are in the territorial Lower 48 United States.
- Use of aerial devices is not permitted.
| Judging Criteria
- Titles are required, but they needn't be fully descriptive. Note that camera generated file names are not allowable as titles
- Perspective and innovation counts! Thinking outside-the-box may distinguish your image vis-a-vis other images.
- Post processing guidelines for the Hunt are the same as those we apply to Travel and Journalism images:
- Manipulations are limited to cropping, contrast and minor tonal and color adjustments.
- All adjustments must appear natural.
- Both Color and Monochrome are allowed.
- No misrepresentations of the truth.
- No set-ups just for the purpose of photography.
- No overlays or double exposures.
- Techniques that add, relocate, replace or remove any element of the original image, except by cropping are not permitted.
- This means image processing must be kept to a minimum - this is not a PhotoShop competition - don’t cut and paste a chicken onto a bicycle
| Game Scoring:
- The Hunt will have winners for each Category as well as an overall Winner.
- Category Winners: Each image category will have two winners - first place is awarded 5 points and second is awarded 3 points.
- The Overall Winner will be awarded to the player with the most points. Winner picks the category for the next hunt.
Image Categories- This month’s Hunt was designed by July hunt winner Sonia Dunning with support from prior hunt winnerEddy Lehrer.
Please find and take photos of the following:
1 - Ethnic Food
2 - Something That Flies
3 - Water-colors (up for interpretation)
4 - Something Relating to Music
5 - Something Relating to Art
6 - Something Very Old
7 - Tattoo
8 - Wrinkles
9 - Chocolate
10 - Something beginning with Q, X or Z
Download PDF of List.
Good luck and have fun!