Scavenger Hunts (members only)
Hunts are designed to encourage our members to shoot images while maintaining social distancing during the time of global pandemics - hunt by yourself on your own time - don’t let COVID-19 make you a couch potato!
The Rules of the Game:
|January 2022 Scavenger Hunt
. Submitting Your Images
- Images per Maker: Players in the Hunt may submit one photo for each image category.
- Timeline: Images must be taken between Saturday,January 8 to Sunday, January 30, 2022
- Deadline: Submit images on the APS site’s Competition tab anytime before Sunday, January 30th at 7:00pm.
- What About Geography?
- Images can be taken anywhere provided both of your feet are in the territorial Lower 48 United States.
- Use of aerial devices is not permitted.
| Judging Criteria
- Titles are required, but they needn't be fully descriptive. Note that camera generated file names are not allowable as titles
- Perspective and innovation counts! Thinking outside-the-box may distinguish your image vis-a-vis other images.
- Post processing guidelines for the Hunt are the same as those we apply to Travel and Journalism images:
- Manipulations are limited to cropping, contrast and minor tonal and color adjustments.
- All adjustments must appear natural.
- Both Color and Monochrome are allowed.
- No misrepresentations of the truth.
- No set-ups just for the purpose of photography.
- No overlays or double exposures.
- Techniques that add, relocate, replace or remove any element of the original image, except by cropping are not permitted.
- This means image processing must be kept to a minimum - this is not a PhotoShop competition - don’t cut and paste a chicken onto a bicycle
| Game Scoring:
- The Hunt will have winners for each Category as well as an overall Winner.
- Category Winners: Each image category will have two winners - first place is awarded 5 points and second is awarded 3 points.
- The Overall Winner will be awarded to the player with the most points. Winner picks the category for the next hunt.
Image Categories: This month’s Hunt was designed by Jeff Cullen with support from Sonia Dunning. Both are prior Scavenger Photo Hunt winners. Please find and take photos of the following:
Click here to download category list.
- Hand(s) (set up allowed)
- Hypotenuse (set up allowed)
Good luck and have fun!